Republican Party of Minnesota Statement of Principles:
Promote Economic Prosperity
- We support lowering the tax burden, exercising spending restraint, and creating and maintaining a fair, honest and competitive business environment to promote economic prosperity and once again make Minnesota the economic engine of the Upper Midwest.
Preserve Civil Rights
- We support defending the right to life, protecting religious, political and economic liberties, and respecting personal privacy and property to preserve civil rights and ensure that government treats all of its citizens equally under the law.
Educate our Children
- We support the belief that parents are responsible for their children's education and that parents, teachers and local school boards can make the best decisions about our children's education.
Strengthen our Families and Communities
- We recognize the blessings that God has bestowed on this great Nation. We also recognize the sanctity of human life and the central role of the traditional family in our society. We work to defend those values in order to strengthen our families and communities.
Protect Public Safety
- We believe that the most fundamental function of government is to keep citizens and our property secure.
Strengthen the Rule of Law
- We support limiting the power of attorneys and frivolous lawsuits, increasing the responsibility of the jury, protecting judicial elections and holding judges accountable to strengthen the rule of law and prevent abuse of our legal system.
Enjoy and Protect our Natural Resources
- We believe that proper stewardship of our natural resources and agricultural lands is best achieved through sound science and adherence to constitutionally guaranteed property rights.
Make Government Smaller and Better
- We support keeping government functions in state, local or private hands, electing honest and responsive legislative bodies and advocating for fair election processes to make government smaller and better
Defend America at Home and Abroad
- We believe that we can maintain peace by having a strong national defense, securing our borders and by encouraging all people to seek freedom, democracy and free enterprise.